Personal Information We Collect
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). You can visit the MDARC website without revealing any personal information. However, MDARC needs certain personal information to provide certain services.
MDARC collects personal information when a visitor to our website completes and submits one of the forms linked from the website. Examples of the purposes of these forms includes: joining our Club, renewing your membership, updating your membership information, registering for a training course or class we provide, registering for other events we host, such as the PacificonSM convention or Field Day, and volunteering for various activities, such as a public service event.
Some of the activities we provide require the payment of a fee. Depending on the activity, the fee can be paid via a link from our website to a third-party credit card processing organization, such as PayPal; by mailing a check to our mailing address; and/or by paying in person with a check or cash. Not all activities allow all of these methods.
Payments by credit card are linked directly to a professional payment processing organization (e.g., PayPal) for the input of your credit card information. MDARC does not collect or have access to any personal credit card information. Certain MDARC personnel (e.g., the Treasurer) do have access to information about the transaction, such as the date and time of the transaction, person paying, amount paid and the purpose of the payment.
We do not knowingly collect data relating to children through this website. Children may only access the website and services of MDARC with parental consent.
MDARC does not collect any personally identifiable information about anyone who simply views content on our website (but see the Cookies section below). In addition, we do not collect any special categories of personal data about you, including such details as your race or ethnicity, national origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, disability, political opinions, trade union membership, and information about your health, genetic and biometric data.
How Your Personal Information is Used
Any personal information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
* To process your application to join our Club, renew your membership or update your membership information.
* To populate our membership directory.
* To allow you to register for a training course or class.
* To allow you to register for a certain activity, such as a public service event, Field Day, Pacificon SM, etc.
* To send you our monthly newsletter, the Carrier.
* To allow you to sit for an amateur radio license exam.
* To process transactions.
* To contact you about your membership, our Club activities, and/or your registration for events we host.
* To send occasional emails.
* To improve customer service. (Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.)
* To contact you in the event you win a Grand Prize at PacificonSM.
Some of the personal information provided by our members via this website may be published in the Club’s membership directory. This information includes their name, call sign, mailing address, email address and phone number(s). The membership directory is distributed only to the members of MDARC. Any member may request the removal of some or all of their information from the directory by contacting the Membership Chair.
Other than as described in this Policy, your personally identifiable information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other party for any reason whatsoever other than for the express purpose of delivering the product or service requested; without your consent or when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
How We Protect Your Information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. For example, only certain MDARC staff (e.g., the Membership Chair) has access to your personal information. Membership and event registration information is maintained in a secure database. Your credit card information is handled directly by a professional payment transaction organization, such as PayPal. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into the transaction organization’s database. Only those authorized with special access rights may view your transaction record, which does not include your credit card information. No MDARC or Pacificon SM staff has access to your credit card information.
However, please understand that it's impossible for MDARC to completely guarantee that your data will be immune from malicious attack or compromise. As such, you should understand that your transmission of personal data is always at your own risk.
Third Party Content and Services
MDARC uses a few third parties to provide certain content and services. Examples include organizations to help us process memberships, event registration and fee payments; store our content and data online; and to provide these websites.
In addition, our content may include links to other websites or documents stored on other systems.
Further, the MDARC website may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves exactly as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website, such as MDARC-customized name tags or clothing.
Photographs and Videos at MDARC Events
Photographers and/or videographers may be on site to document MDARC events and activities, including Pacificon. Photos and videos are the sole property of the Mt. Diablo Amateur Radio Club. By registering for and/or attending these events, attendees understand that MDARC/PacificonSM may use their likenesses on our websites, newsletters, flyers, brochures, etc.
Website Use by Persons Outside the U.S.
The Mt. Diablo Amateur Radio Club is based in California, USA. Any personal information you provide may be collected and stored by MDARC or the third-party services we use in locations outside your state and/or nation. MDARC has no knowledge of, or control over, the exact locations of the personal information you provide when it’s stored in online servers provided by third parties.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You may:
* Request access to the personal data we hold about you and check that we are lawfully processing it.
* Request correction of your personal data.
* Request erasure of your personal data - this enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continuing holding it.
* Object to processing of your personal data – you can exercise this right where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
* Request restriction of processing your personal data - this enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy, where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it, where you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it or where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
* Right to withdraw consent – you can withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you.
* If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please see the Contacting Us section below.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
By using our site, you consent to these policies.
Changes to Our Policies
These rules and policies are subject to change without advance notice. Any and all changes will be reflected in this document, once the change applies.
* Mailing Address: MDARC, P.O. Box 23222, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
* Phone: (925) 288-1730
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org